DMT

This wasn't supposed to be a drug-inspired picture, but as usual I can't really control how my pictures turn out. DMT or N,N-Dimethyltryptamine, is found in many plants and animals. Even we humans have got this compound within our brains, It is apparently released in large amounts at the moment of death, and many believe this molecule to be a sacred passage between life and death.

The plants containing this substance are common as entheogens and they are still used today to come into contact with your spiritual self and with other worlds. I really have no opinion about all of this, but since I'm going to experience the effects of DMT when I die, I can't help but get a little bit curious about why and what it would be like.


For those interested in this subject there is a lot of information out there. DMT: the Spirit Molecule is a documentary on the subject, at Erowid.org you can find out more about peoples experiences with this substance and there are books written about it as well.


From what I've heard you can also legally and free of charge try this drug in various contries, in and outside of Europe, at church-like facilities. I'm not sure if I would dare to do this though, or if I recommend anybody else to do it either.


The plant the man in fetal position is holding is called Psychotria Virdis and is used for experiences with DMT. The molecule protruding from the plant is, as you've probably guessed, a model of a DMT-molecule.

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar