SISTA BILDEN

















In English:
I like broken things, at least the aesthetic aspects of them; when things are broken beyond repair and no longer of any practical use, they turns into something else - something similar to art or decoration. Or, atleast for me they do. In this picture, which I did for an exhibition with the kind of awkward theme, "Future!" (a theme which I did not decide myself), I wanted to make a picture that breaks up the concept of reality and breaks it beyond repair, the same way material things can be broken, so that it turns something new.
I'm not sure if this intention gets across though, and not even sure if I wanted it to as it isn't the greatest Idea I've ever had, but the end result sure looks pretty!
I'm very happy with this picture, and I think it says alot about my views on life. Some may interpret the picture as dark, apocalyptic and negative, and of course I think that's an okay way to look at it, though it's not the way I see things.
This picture represents something positive for me... or maybe positive is not the right word, but it's really just a little joke. A silly, laughable comment on the absurdity of our modern views of what we call existence.
The two characters in the picture are really the same person, a child actor called Ra Hould, and the 3D-glasses, which is probably the element that makes this picture work, was not my idea, but my brothers. The background are portions of photographs of slum buildings that I've cut up, outlined, and pasted together.

På Svenska:
Jag tycker om slitna byggnader med igenbommade fönster utan glas och jag gillar flagnad färg och vittrande tegelstenar och förfallna lekplatser. Det gör inget om gårdar är trånga och nedskräpade eller om deras sandlådor är full av glassplitter och kattskit, dels för att jag inte längre leker i sandlådor och dels för att de är så mycket snyggare och roligare att avbilda på det viset.
Här är alltså sista bilden som jag gjort till Galleri Variant 23's utställning med framtidstema, och jag skulle vilja påstå att den innehåller tillräckligt av farhågor och förhoppningar inför morgondagen för att kanske passar in på temat (möjligtvis passar den bäst om man väljer att tolka den som apokalyptisk, vilket jag personligen inte gör).
De två karaktärerna som figurerar på bilden är inspirerade av barnskådespelaren Ra Hould - som tydligen gillade att spela sjöman eller militär, då de flesta bilderna av honom jag lyckades hitta var i uniform (de stjärnformade 3D-glasögon som sjömansversionen av Ra Hould bär - en detalj som enligt mig gör hela bilden - var tråkigt nog min brors geniala idé och inte min egen).
Bilderna jag använt av honom hittade jag på classicmoviekids.com.
Bakgrunden är hopklippta portioner av slumhus, sandlådor och leröken som jag letat reda på via Googles bildsökmotor och sedan gjort om. Nu ska jag sova.

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar